Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Getting my "booty" in shape

As most brides do...I am trying to get in shape before the big day. I have been working at getting in shape for the last year. I have been working out more, got a trainer at the gym and have generally been trying to get healthy.


As most of you know I had hip surgery in April that left me on crutches for 6 weeks and basically out of commission for a solid 2 months. It was a major set back but I am committed to getting back in shape and finally off crutches and cleared to work out full time.


This past week I started "booty camp" in the city. 2 times a week for an hour I get up at 5:45am and head to a pier in NYC to "train". It is basically like basketball camp. The trainer is great. She is a former pro basketball player and pushes us...but in a nice way.

After day 2 I was so sore that I could hardly walk but it seems to be worth it. I am pretty much the worst of the class. I am not a runner (plus my hip is still hurting a little). She has us doing things like champion runs, sprints, crab crawls and more and more and more. It is really tough. Today I told myself that I don't have to be first, I have nothing to prove, I paid for this camp and I did it for me...so I am only competing against myself. With that mentality I think I can make it.

I am trying to be realistic with expectations. There is no way I am going to lose 20 pounds in 2 and a half months (which at 1 point was a goal). I now just want to feel good and healthy and get to a point that I can continue after the wedding.

Mr. AC and I are moving in together for the first time in a few weeks and we have committed to getting more healthy together and I am hoping he will hold my feet while I do pushups (that seems like love to me!).

How did you approach "getting in shape" for your wedding? Did it overwhlem you?

No comments:

Post a Comment