Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Our Venue: The Blueberry Villa & Banner Elk Winery

When we decided on the location I have to say the name "Blueberry Villa" totally sold the place for me. I spent most of my summers around blueberry farms (near White Lake, NC) and love everything blueberry. My grandfather used to take my sister and I blueberry picking and many of my family members insisted on blueberry pies for their birthday cakes. The Blueberry Villa is on the grounds of the Banner Elk Winery and yes they even make blueberry wine!

Here are some pictures from a recent visit to the location with my mom, sister and bff & bridesmaid jaime.

This is the villa where 16 people will stay. This will be the lodging for my side of the bridal party and my mom.

this shows the property! This picture was taken exactly 1 year before our date. And the leaves are just starting to turn.


here is jaime checking out the great view from one of the porches!


This is where everyone will roast their smores! (yes I did say smores...there will be a smores table and an apple cider table!!!)


This is the path I will walk to meet my groom.



I couldn't be happier with the location and the management there. It will be warm, inviting, romantic and fun. Check out some of the other weddings that were held http://blueberryvilla.com/WeddingGallery2.html

1 comment:

  1. Please take tons and tons of pictures and save this blog and then start your own wedding planning business. Then I will write a romantic comedy based on yours and Alan's lives.

    ReplyDelete