Wednesday, February 18, 2009

map obsession: Part 2

When we left off I was trying to decided how to create a unique map to go with our invitations and our out of town bags. I was inspired by the work of Laura Hooper but only had a computer to work with and maps from Yahoo! and Google. I decided the first map would be a big map of the area and I knew I needed to point out a few key areas like our college (Appalachian State University), tourist sites like The Blue Ridge Parkway, Grandfather Mountain and The Mast General Store.

(click the map for a closer look!)

Once I had the big map made I wanted to make a more detailed map. Of course I never want my guests to get lost! So I made a more detailed map below.

(click the map for a closer look!)

These are not final so any changes you think I should make I will! It is really fun making these. It took me a solid 10 hours of designing and perfecting. Was it worth it?

3 comments:

  1. i love these maps! they look great with the save the date cards i saw below.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really great Carolyn! I have been working on some maps for work and they are so so so challenging....be proud of yourself for this accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi carol! the maps are looking really, really good. one small item i'd suggest is adding a compass-type marker so those who are vertically challenged might appreciate knowing when to go north and when to go south ;) miss you and big al something crazy... -pk

    ReplyDelete