Friday, February 27, 2009

Rehearsal Dinner Space

We are sooooo excited that we have found our rehearsal dinner space. We have been going back and forth about locations and finally found the place. Wait for it....it is called The Apple Barn. How perfect for the Apple Ciders :). I have been to a wedding reception at The Apple Barn and fell in love with the rustic, country feel.





We are planning to have it catered by an amazing down home country cooking place called The Daniel Boone Inn. What is on the menu??
  • Fried Chicken
  • Country Style Steak
  • Country Ham
  • Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
  • Green Beans
  • Fresh Stewed Apples
  • Cut Corn
  • Coleslaw
Yum! I can't wait for my few New York friends to experience a good ole home cooked country meal. I created an inspiration board to share with Mr. Apple Cider's mom. She wanted to know the "feel" we are going for.

(CLICK FOR CLOSER LOOK)
IMAGE SOURCES:
Row 1: Via Once Wed; William Sonoma

Row 2: Once Wed; Via Once Wed; Apple Barn The Knot;
Row 3: Jamali Garden; Plum Party; via Flickr


Some of the items that are a must. Check out these adorable napkins. Perfect for our dinner. I found them at Plum Party and got a discount. I bought 100 for $32.


I am looking for a great gingham (cheap) fabric and hoping I can make table runners. I'd like to create this look:


I will definitely be purchasing lanterns from Luna Bazaar. The prices are pretty good. I am considering some with color but might go with "off white" to give a gold glow.



For centerpieces I am thinking of either doing baskets with apples or some dark brown wood pieces. A good DIY option would be buying a simple wood crate from Michael's and staining it. So many options!


(source)

(source)

Are you excited about your rehearsal dinner? Are you setting a feel?

1 comment:

  1. This place is beautiful and I love your decor ideas. I actually went to a wedding reception at the Apple Barn. It was a really cool atmosphere. Very good choice! Even just the name sparks a bazillion ideas for design elements that could be incorporated.

    ReplyDelete