Monday, June 8, 2009

DIY Project #1- soap bars - sneak peek

I wanted to give you guys a sneak peak at my first DIY project. The soap project. I decided not to actually make soap. While I think that is an amazing project, my time is limited and I don't mind a little Ivory soap every once in a while.

The soap will go in the hotel rooms of our guests and in the rooms at the Villa (where I will stay and my lovely ladies will stay - long with mom). I will also put a bar in the bathroom at the reception site.


(these 3 are my favorite so far!)

Above are the 6 bars that I "tested" this weekend. They came out really well I think. I still have something to add - a stamp to the tag - a label on the back so everyone knows it is soap. Once I have all of that I will share the DIY directions and final images.

Did you get excited when you started your first DIY project?!?

4 comments:

  1. SO fun! I cant wait to hear about how you created that cool scalloped border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! I loved doing things myself...I think my favorite thing to do was the centerpieces. These look great Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see these at the hotel and reception! Not to mention the other little goodies you'll have in store for everyone. It's your special day, and yet you're doing so much to create a wonderful experience for your friends and family too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carolyn,
    I love your blog! You have such great ideas and I love your taste in everything! My sister works with you (Eugenia in SF) and she sent your link to me. Best of luck on your big day!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete