Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We are SOOO lucky

For the last few years I have been obsessing over a photographer named Laura Taylor from The Darling Life Photography. She is one of the truest and rarest photography talents out there. I have purchased her work for friends and family and have seriously been a stalker fan. By a stroke of fate I was have been able to get in touch with Laura over the years. As soon as I was engaged I sent Laura an email and asked her to shoot some engagement photos of me and Mr. AC. Over the weekend we finally set the date and on June 10th (next week) Laura is coming to New York to spend the whole day shooting us. I am honored, floored, nervous and excited. I know that the photos will be forever mementos.

Here is some of Laura's work. You can learn more about her on her website www.thedarlinglife.com. She is not known for shooting weddings/engagement photos but I think that is what makes me so excited. Her style and her talent will be unique.

(I have purchased this print for so many friends! How perfect is it for a bride or baby girls room.)

(this photo is another that I drool over)

(i love the depth and colors in this photo)

(how stunning is this self portrait of Laura - true talent)

She has some ideas for cool photos and I have some ideas. We are going to combine and do some really fun stuff. I am sure there will be some props involved and I can't wait to share the photos with you guys in a few weeks.

Some places I am considering:
  • On the Brooklyn Bridge
  • At Coney Island
  • In Central Park
  • In Chelsea - the funky artsy part of town (and where I live)
  • A fabric store - think about the color pops
Any New Yorkers or other folks have ideas of places to shoot in NYC? We are also planning props! I AM SO EXCITED...I feel like the fun is about to begin, after months of planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment