Thursday, August 27, 2009

Our Rehearsal Dinner Invites - DIY Style

Our rehearsal dinner invitations excite me! I knew I wanted to make them extra special too and started thing of a design in my head. Our rehearsal dinner is being held at an old apple barn and we decided to go with an old country theme. Not "cheesy" country but simple, old country. We hired a blue grass band and I have started gathering design elements!


I have so many talented friends and among them is my friend Ashley (check out some of her work on her awesome blog!). She is an artist. Once I had this initial invite idea I sent it to her to "clean" up.

(this is the design I sent her)

She came back with perfection! I fell in love with the invites. She offered to print them too and even suggested kraft paper (another theme at the wedding). I was smitten. She sent them in this adorable wrapping!



Once I had the invites I knew that I couldn't just put them in a regular envelope so I went on a hunt for the "right" fit. We used vellum envelopes for the wedding invite so I checked those out.

And then this save-the-date came to mind and I knew what I had to do (I first saw this idea on the)!

(Save The Date from the awesome blog Creature Comforts)

I bought some sparkly navy paper, some red tissue - grabbed my hole and circle punch and Mr. AC and I got to work.


(the remnants of our punching)

I thought I would just make the enveleope plain but knew it needed a bit of flare. I decided to play with a banner clipart and came out with this.


And this is how they turned out!!





Everything was done in Microsoft Word.


SOME DETAILS:

I finished them and out they have gone! Did you spend a lot of time on your rehearsal dinner invitations?

3 comments:

  1. You are the DIY queen! It's shameful how amazing you make everything seem so easy!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! they turned out amazing! I love how you incorporated the banner and the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome invites! Love the kraft paper!

    ReplyDelete